About Me

My photo
I am a 25 year old college grad and am taking the road less traveled. A couple of years ago I moved from my hometown of 20+ years and a life of stability and familiarity to follow the call of the Lord. It sounds a bit crazy but I know my Father's voice and He said to go...so I did. I am a Pre-K teacher and tutor and I believe in relying on the Lord to the best of my human ability for every open door to be provided. He has not failed me yet and I am beginning to think He never will...(He doesn't!He is GOD!)I love playing the guitar and I have been blessed with a voice to praise my maker. I look forward to writing and playing worship music with my future husband(whomever God is bringing) one day and raising an army for Christ.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Life Changing.....God can do this!

Hi Friends~

Sunday was pretty much a great day for some freedom I so badly needed and wanted. It doesn't take much for something to spark an old issue and from that moment, it starts to attack your joy. Like I have said before, I care waaaaaay to much it seems. The matter at hand is, God's got this! He does! Whatever hurts, whatever sorrows, whatever joys, and whatever thing it is that needs overcoming or heck just living through, God's got it!

It's been a little while since my heart has been solely the Lord's. My greatest joy and yet it seems that my greatest struggle has been entrusting my Father, God, with my whole heart. Not only trusting Him with it but trusting that He is who He is and that He does what He says He'll do.

I am getting back to the place where I am not looking to give my heart away to whoever will take it and love it. It's not worth the time but it is worth the wait!

I was at The Garden, a church that my best friend's mom pastors and I was picked out by the Lord once again. I had been dealing with some things in my heart and only God could have known and yet at the moment Momma H (the pastor) began to speak, I knew the word was for me. It literally pertained to everyone but it was directed at me. I love how God does that. How can a person know exactley what you are going through when they have not seen you in about a year? Only God could download such information to an individual.

The word was, there are alot of "homeless" and "hungry" here tonight. Not in the sense of phsyically homeless or without food hungry, but in a way such as this:

Homeless: searching for a place to belong, not yet found where the Lord has called your life and what He has called you to do. Searching for a place to be loved.

Hungry: you know you want more of Christ, more of what He has to offer because you recognize that what He offers is good and you don't know how to expalin what you lack and are hungry for but you know that you need more, sustainable, food....the Truth.

Simply put, I knew I was hungry and my heart felt unloved. I was hungry for more of the Lord and what He wants with my life and I felt unloved by the world's definition of not having someone(of the opposite sex) loving me.

If only I would learn to lean on the promises of God that He said He grants the desires of your heart and that He does work for the good of all who love Him. Well, I LOVE HIM! So what do I worry about? It's the constant nag that I am alone, someone didn't choose me(yet), I wasn't good enough to obviously have a lasting relationship like sooooo many others.

It's all a lie. God delivered me from the pitfall of the enemy, and although it felt and sometimes feels cruel and unloving to have something snatched away, it was for my good.

He does love me and He does know what my heart needs.

I am done looking and searching for an earthly love. I have found the greatest love of all....my savior, my lover, my king Jesus.

A song that propelled my heart to get back to my first love was by the artist, Misty Edwards. It is called Take My Heart. I encourage you to listen to my fellow heart of worship sister. You wil not be disappointed and you just might be changed.

Blessings~
Amber